Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Welcome to Seussically Inclined,


Our story began in 2009 with two undergraduate students, Ashley Birdsell & Billy Lewis, who dreamed of reviving Hood College's musical theatre productions. Founding Hood College Student Musical Theatre in 2010, the two spent three HCSMT seasons together, eventually becoming engaged in 2012. 

Like Ashley & Billy, HCSMT brings the 'Hood Family' together to pursue our creative talents, build a collaborate team, and provide Hood College and the Frederick community with quality theatrical productions. From biology to history majors, performers to business producers, freshman to seniors, HCSMT provides an essential element to our students' liberal arts curriculumn.

As director, I hope you enjoy HCSMT's journey into the land of Seuss. I had the opportunity to play "Mr. Mayor" in Seussical! during my sophomore year of high school. It was during that production I realized the extent of my theatrical talent and my creative spirit was brought to a boil. Now, five years later, I find myself President of Hood College Student Musical Theatre and directing the show of my acting roots. 

To our loyal audience members, our cast and creative team, campus supporters, and fellow thespians, I hope you enjoy Seussically Inclined, as I record this production's journey. My team has brains in their heads and feet in their shoes, it's time for Seussical! to steer us in any direction we choose!

Seussically Inclined,
Travis Gilbert
May 28, 2013



No comments:

Post a Comment