Friday, February 21, 2014

Meet the Grinch!


Hey everyone! 
 
I'm Matt Dyjack and I'll be playing the Grinch in the upcoming production of Seussical. I'm a senior  at Hood College and this will be my first time acting in a theatrical production.
 
Being a member of HCSMT has been an awesome experience! Everyone brings tons of energy to rehearsal and the mood has been extremely positive. Each cast member supports each other and helps each member reach their potential. Bianca and Stacey have helped me with my singing  (I found out that I'm a bass which I didn't know before), and Josh and a few others have been helping everyone learn the dance routines and get the timing down.
        
Seussical has introduced me to a style of work and collaboration that I hadn't experienced before. The show is very much about how everyone comes together collectively, but still requires mastering your individual parts. 
 
To help get in touch with Seussical, I read almost every Dr. Seuss book in the library and read "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" four times. 
 
Even though I don't have as much musical or acting experience as most of the cast, each member has been extremely supportive of me and helped me out with whatever I need. It really has been an amazing experience and I'm glad to be able to be a part of it before I graduate!
 
 I'm excited to watch the show continue to grow and bring Dr. Seuss' characters come to life!

No comments:

Post a Comment